Saturday, September 20, 2008

Listener Survey Comments

It's been a while since we read some listener survey comments on the show, since we were on the road for three weeks, covering the conventions, etc., and just overwhelmed with news. Finally this week I read some, and as usual I'm posting them here, edited for space. There are a lot of them -- and believe me, there were so many, many more that we didn't read -- because it's been a while. And remember, if you're a listener to the show and have not taken the survey, please click through on the right of the page and do so, as it helps us out.
-----------------------


Michelangelo,I am so impressed with your dialog, especially your energy in covering both the Democratic and Republican Conventions. I have never been interested in politics, however your show and coverage of the issues and candidates has shown me how important it is that we educate ourselves on these issues. I am a minister in a very gay friendly church. All are welcome in our church. My pastor and I discuss these issues on a daily basis, carefully looking at ways to educate those in our own church family about inclusive issues. I have not voted for many years because of my disenchantment (if you will) of the right wing evangelical garbage that has been out there. Thank you for what you are doing. You educate and strengthen the rest of us to be advocates for humanity.

***
Thanks for going to the RNC. I don’t think a normal person could hold up there for a whole week or even three days. I think you throat was just the beginning – if you had stayed there longer it could have been much worse!

***
Your coverage of the Democratic Convention was outstanding - the best on radio or TV. I'm impressed by your preparation - and you continued to broadcast and blog after your voice went south! Your show is a lifeline. We need to defeat McCain/Palin - do we ever. Thank you, Michael, for being a strong progressive voice.

***
mike- you did a GREAT job at the RNC. i was truly amazed. you are a brave man! i think some of those wackos aren't used to being questioned and you did an excellent job asking penetrating questions. really, i am very, very proud of you.

***
You are at your best when you ask unique questions. You are at your worst when you "beat a dead horse".

***
I LOVE when you mock the anti-gay right with audio clips! For example, Larry Craig's "I am not gay."

***
I enjoy the Michelango show for the most part, but inevitably turn the channel after a short time because the host simply can not stop interrupting his callers and guests. Although the host is well-educated and well-spoken, he is remarkably rude and inconsiderate to those who have either called his show or are being interviewed.

***
Mike, I commend U for your patience with the hilary supporters deciding to back that alaskan parasite. I was a hillary supporter and when Hillary lost the pres nomination, and then wasn't picked for VP...I was pissed and even I thought of backing another side just in spite, but after the speeches at the Dem. Conv., I knew I had do as they wanted, and they asked me to do.

***
I wouldn't have believed it possible, but listening to your show has made me less liberal. You're opinionated, obnoxious, close minded, and not nearly as intelligent as you think you are. In short, you're the Sean Hannity of the Left. Your in-studio sycophants with their little off-air comments are incredibly annoying. The fact that you're an Obama supporter has actually made me rethink my support of him.

***
Just heard your interview with Sally Kern again. You are my hero! Thank you for putting yourself OUT there and all that you do to foster constructive conversation about homosexual issues. I've been listening to your show regularly for a year and I am a fan. The "ummm"-factor bugged me a little at first, but I have seen great progress in your speech style. I love your introspective view of your interviews and how you endeavor to offer a tough, but fair, forum for your on-air guests. Although, I wouldn't mind if you had taken your microphone and just bop Sally Kern over the head and ask her "What are you thinking?!?!?" Please keep doing what your doing!

***
Generally a great show. There are a few issues with which I disagree, but I'd find that with any show. One suggestion, though: turning "antithesis" into an adjective makes it "antithetic" or "antithetical," not "antithical" as Mike says (and says a lot).. He loves picking on the grammar and erudition of people with whom he disagrees. Glass houses, you know... ;)

***
I love the show. Very informative and politically interesting. One small thing to note is that I sometimes find the opening of the show a little scary. I dont like to hear about blood and boils so I need to turn that off when the show begins.

***
Michaelangelo, your show is really great. There are very few people who speak out as clearly as you do for our (gay) equality. I love that your interviews are always relevent and on many topics that concern all people not just us gays. So keep up the great work!

***
hi mike, i'm a democrat for 17 yr now ,but do vote for the rep. some time we got some rep. here help the vol. fire company a lot so ,,, listen to your show make me vote for john mccain more and more ,you make obama sound like a god personal,,i think to write in hillary name in at the the poll place maybe we can her in still,,,yes i'm gay but my job come first an obama is not a truck friend he keep pass law to cut our rate and limit the truck speed to 55mph this will take 14 more hour to go from pa to ca,,can you know the rate will not go up for this, tim from n.e. pa

***
It's refreshing to hear someone that shares the same viewpoint as I do. I live in Alabama and I'm outnumbered. If you're not a Christian Republican and Alabama fan, life can be challenging here. But hearing a voice that supports the same beliefs I do keeps me sane. The world is filled with sheep and idiots. Thank God for those who will stand up and be themselves. Their light is a beacon for countless others. I'm one of those countless others. MS, you rock. Keep up the fight and kick some ass. Why dones't the world "get it"? You do and it makes me proud.

***
You can hear Michael breath into the mic and it's very annoying and distracting.

***
I love the show. Don't change anything! Oh, except block Ron from Texas from the blog. He is clearly a ficticious character meant to get everyone riled up.

***
I like your show, but when you get snotty You lose the high ground.

***
I love your monologues Michael, the biggest draw for me is hearing your analysis of the news, I can get the facts anywhere. Your delivery is perfect, people who complain about your pauses, ect don't know what it means to be a great radio broadcaster/speaker. Love the show, keep up the good work

***
Michael, you are a very intelligent and attractive man, but I must say “Take your Fingers off the Fade Out Button". Let the callers be heard, I am a life time subscriber, and this is our only chance to get out point out, God knows we don’t get that chance in terrestrial radio. No matter if you agree or disagree with the caller let them get a point in, and tell them no 20 minute points. Also sometimes, you do over talk the Guests, if you support or not, you do it. On topics "YOU" are emotionally connected with, you can be the James Dobson on the issue. One Directional - Blinders On - Example: GUNS. I do love your show and love listening, these are just suggestions.

***
As a retired Army veteran who "kept my mouth shut" for 20 years and who never really got into politics because it was all so overwhelming, I just want to say that since listening to your show I have become much more informed on the governments shinanigans, especially where GLBT rights are concerned. Of course, I saw a different side of the gov't bullshit being in the military. Your presentation of political topics is delivered in such a way that makes it much easier for me to digest. I love your show and look forward to listening. I've only been listening to OUTQ since Dec 07 but you are already like a brother in my heart. I appreciate all that you do for the GLBT community. Stay the course Michelangelo!!