Saturday, June 13, 2009

Saturday Back Talk

These are some of the listener survey comments I read on the show this week. If you're a listener to the show and haven't taken the survey, please do so by scrolling down and clicking through on the right. Thanks!


Atlanta, GA (XM)
As a charter XM subscriber (originally just for Air America 167), I was aware of OutQ and your show, but could not justify subscribing to another satellite radio provider for one channel. When XM picked up OutQ a few months ago, I felt like I had been let out of jail! Michelangelo Signorile was now mine, on my own XM receiver(s). You are a breath of fresh air - impeccably prepared, extremely articulate, and always always courteous and thoughtful. I particularly like the extended 4-hour format which give you the luxury of taking your time on in-depth issues that require detailed coverage, while allowing the freedom to let down once and a while on lighter subject matter. While representing the gay community, herding us like cats, I consider you a mainstay in the voice of America's gay leadership. You're out there everyday slogging it out in the trenches - not sitting in 1640 Rhode Island Ave behind a bunker planning dress-up dinners for each other.

Houston, TX (XM)

HOMOSEXUALITY IS NOTHING MORE A MENTAL DISODER AND SHOULD BE TREATED AS SUCH. IF YOU CANT BE CURED THEN YOU SHOULD BE UTHENIZED. AS FAR AS YOU SAYING YOU WERE BORN DIFERENT ,WELL MABY YOU WERE BUT SO WERE SYCOPATHS AND SERIAL KILLERS. THEIR BRAINS AS YOURS DOSE NOT FUNCTION PROPERLY . WOULD YOU CALL WHAT HEY DO A ALTERNATE LIFESTYLE OR CALL THEM CRAZY.. ITS THE SAME THING

Pinellas Park, FL (XM)
I think the show is great. Topics are hot and make me laugh and also furious. Proud to have you on my team!

Durant, OK (XM)
I really like your show because it's not overly "gay". I have always been a political junkie like yourself so it's refreshing to hear the news from our point of few. (Although I don't agree with the movie OutRage. Being in the closet myself, but I'm kinda tired of hearing about the movie.) But other then that Mike love the show and keep up the great work!!

Baltimore, MD (Sirius)
I love the show and I listen to it religiously on my drives to and from work. Michaelangelo has a keen ability to facilitate interesting discussions. However, at times, I think he can jump to conclusions and dismiss or trivialize opposing arguments. He does not do this very often, but when he does, I usually yell at the radio! I think it would be fascinating if you were to have someone from the log cabin republicans facilitate the show during one of Michaelangelo's off-days. I, for one, would love to call in and debate (and probably yell at) a guest host from the log cabin republicans. But I think it would make good radio and provide more to the listener than the dreaded "best of."

Cleveland,OH(XM)
You make me think, you make me passionate and angry (sometimes about what you're talking about, sometimes with your opinion). I tend to agree with you more than I disagree, but I consider myself an independent thinker. Keep up the great work you do.

Lincoln, NE (Sirius)
Although I'm straight, I really enjoy your show. You're a great interviewer who asks tough, relevant questions and don't back down. I get a different analysis on popular issues, and am enlightened about topics I wouldn't otherwise hear about listening to other stations.

Atlanta GA (Sirius)
Michelangelo Signorile is a radicalist and a trouble maker. He try's to make a big deal over nothing. He tries to upset the audience, and get them to see thing his way. He trys to be a player, but he is so shallow.

Los Angeles, CA (Sirius)
When I'm angry about something, like Prop 8, so is Michael and I get to shout "Yes!" at my radio. I am seldom interested in the more "pop culture" topics, but Michael is passionate and compelling on the politics and fearless in interviewing politicians and public figures. He doesn't back down and I have stolen a lot of arguments from him. When I don't know how to respond to a stupid religious or political position, I can listen to Michael and he cuts through the bullshit for me.

Cincinnati, Ohio (XM)

I love your show. Watch out for Ted Olson, tho. Isn't he Ken Starr's bud? Obama will come through for equality I feel sure. We (his supporters) will see to it. Please don't give up hope. And why all the attention to Olson, when David Boise should be lauded? Isn't Olson's hair enough to make people see the sham of it all? Trust OBAMA not Olson.

Pinedale, WY (Sirius)
I love the show but I am very displeased with your introductions. I am a BIG fan of your old ways you use to do the introductions. They were harsh and to the point..I love that

Framingham, MA (Sirius)
I like the show, in a very, very large way! Michelangelo does a fine job of analyzing the various daily issues which come up the pike. He tries to be fair. Often times, however, Michelangelo does not go far enough into any one issue. Too, too, many times, Mr. Signorile jumps from one issue to the next in the four-one hour segments, often leaving that topic hanging in the wind. It's almost as if that issue never existed when the next segment comes around. That is my biggest criticism. This being said, does not mean, I don't think he has one of the best political talk shows of all the Talk Left talkers out here.

Oxford, TN (Sirius)
The show's great for getting news normally wouldn't get else where but I do have one problem.Back when you brought up the topic of if it should be ok to carry guns on a train or other such topics where fire arms are involved you seem to just kinda mock the people and just straight to weapons such as uzi to AK-47. Though there are a good deal of weirdos who would love nothing more then to carry such things at all times I kinda just get alittle annoyed since it sounds like you've lost interest and are just heckling a bit with the people and going to extremes with the weapons and all. Though aside from that little issue I think the shows it really great and hope to get a radio for my car so I can listen when I'm not at work in the evenings.

Martinez, CA (Sirius)

Just discovered your show. Excellent discussions on current events. Love your intelligent dissemination of the news, your thoughtfulness and humor.