Saturday, November 14, 2009

Saturday Back Talk

These are the listeners survey comments I read on the show this week. If you're a listener and haven't taken the survey please do so by scrolling down and clicking through on the right. Thanks!


Boyertown, PA (Sirius)
I've been listening for about a year, and while I love the show and seldom miss it, there is one thing you do that drives me nuts. When you say the word "huge" or "human" you omit the "H" sound entirely. You're not the only person I've heard do this, I'm wondering if it's just a regional accent or what, but I cringe every time I hear you say one of those words. Didn't you ever see My Fair Lady? Pronounce the H's!!! (no, but seriously, great show, keep it coming).

Chicago, IL (XM)

I think you add a lot to the conversation. I just think you are a little too pro Obama, although I voted for the man (Ron Paul was not a write in candidate in Illinois), I am still very uneasy about the Rev. Wright connection.

Charleston, SC (XM)
I respect all views and listen to as many opinions as possible. Often I find your show extremely partisan versus creating a forum for dialogue within our community. I would rather see your show be a forum for ideas to be shared rather than you recite the democrat talking points. I do appreciate you holding Obama's feet to the fire, something HRC seems to be neglecting. As a Log Cabin Republican, I have tried and with some success, changed the minds of elected Republicans. The other thing I wanted to mention is your rant over the "Tea Baggers." Most of these folks are fiscal conservatives who come from all classes. Most are sick and tired of paying more and more taxes. (yes there are a few nuts out there with signs that make all of them look bad, but the democrats have had their fair share of hateful signs against Bush and other Repubs too.) The point is... the Tea Baggers are not necessarily the social conservatives that have been against us. You may want to give them less of a hard time. I do enjoy the show for the most part, but I often find my blood boiling at your rants and have to turn you off!

Northhampton, PA (Sirius)

I love to listen to the show because A) Michelangelo is well-informed and I agree with his positions B) HUMOR!! C) there is not enough (I hate to say) "tolerance" in this country - I don't think that I "tolerate" minorities (people that aren't clones of me) I love them as brothers, sisters, and friends D) I enjoy ripping and exposing the "right" as much as anyone else.

Yuma, AZ (XM)
I enjoy the show a great deal. I love hearing his viewpoint and love the questions posed for callers. I swing left, and my wife swings right, it makes for interesting discussions around our household.

Douglasville, GA (XM)
Dear Michelangelo: I am a courier, so I have the opportunity to listen to your show almost every day. I find your show both entertaining and very informative. I admire your professionalism, and your ability to stay focused, whether you are in a discussion with a heavy hitter like Barney Frank, or a radical right-winger, or some whack-a-doodle nut job. I have a question for you: When Sean Hannity was interviewing Carrie Prejean the other day, I know he was attempting some self-deprecating humor when he said, "It would be embarrassing if I had made a sex tape." From this statement, I assume he meant that if he were to film himself jacking off, that he would be embarrassed for anyone to see how small or malformed his pecker is, or that he suffers from erectile dysfunction, or that he has some ejaculation issues (maybe he cums all over himself the moment he touches his John Thomas, or perhaps he can't cum at all.) Since he thinks that he is God's gift to women, I was wondering: Are young, straight women drawn to middle aged fat men, with small flaccid dicks, like moths to a flame? If you don't know the answer to this, could you ask your straight female listeners to call in and shed some light on this conundrum?????

Houghton, MI (Sirius)
I love the show. Mike's superb! One nagging tick that has started to get me. STOP TYPING WHILE INTERVIEWING or get a silent keyboard! This triggers two things in my head: It's impolite, and it's distracting to this listener. Great discussions, thoughtful insight, PLEASE PRETTY PLEASE get a silent keyboard!

Cinnaminson, NJ (Sirius)

I absolutely love your show! Listening to even 1 day a week of your show gets me more up-to-date than any other news source I know of. I really like that you have people on that represent both sides of the argument. It's especially funny when they dig themselves into a hole and it's made very clear how stupid they are.

Alpena, MI (Sirius)
MIKE, YOU DO A FANTASTIC JOB! I WISH MORE MAINSTREAM MEDIA WOULD PICK UP ON THE SAME SUBJECT MATTER AND DISCUSSION THAT YOU CONVERSE ON. I TAKE AN INTEREST IN WHAT IS BEING SAID ON FOX AND OTHER NETWORKS AND I JUST CANNOT BELIEVE THAT THE RIGHT CONSIDERS YOUR SHOW TO BE RADICAL LEFT EXTREME.

Columbus, OH (Sirius)
I fell in love with you the moment I found OutQ on Sirius. You were interviewing some right-wing nut job and were grilling him!! I was like, who is this? I like it! I really like when you get gritty and don't back down! Please continue to do this!! What are the chances of grilling Dick Chaney's daughter!?

Brookfield, CT (Sirius)
The show is great, informative and many times educational. It is strange how comfortable one can become living in the NYC area. Listening to you show helps me remember that there are a lot of LGBT people who don't live in this area with all of the acceptance and advantages we have. The only problem I have with the show (which really can't be fixed) is how negative it can be. Sometimes I have to stop listening for a few days because it just gets too depressing listening to crazy hateful people. You combine that with stress from a long day at work and my head just about explodes!

Huntsville, AL (XM)

I have been unable to "friend" Michelangelo on facebook. I was referred to the "Fan" page. However I get the feeling that not as much activity occurs on the fan page. Please explore the possibility of switching everyone to the fan page so we dont feel left out.