Saturday, July 05, 2008

Listener Survey Responses

Here's a batch of the survey responses I read on the show this week, edited for space of course. Hope you're all having a great holiday weekend.

***
You do a great job just give those right wing ass holes a good rip when you interview them .

***
The show keeps getting better and better. I can see that the survey is being taken seriously - great improvements - the sound clips are much less frequent - more appropriate when they do get used - and usually have me laughing half the way home. Clips of the week are great too. Keep up the great work - we need your voice - and more importantly we need you to help keep us informed. My partner and I talk about what happened on your show at dinner every night that we get a chance to listen.

***
I really don't like the last part of the friday show... the clips of the week... have to turn the station while it plays... it is just annoying...

***
Michael I love the show I am from Canada and listen as often as I can . Keep up the great work.

***
I love your show even though I disagree with you approximately 60 plus percent of the time. It is difficult for G/L/B/Tg's to not fall into the collectivist "Big Brother will take care of me" trap. That is exactly how we as a class have been exterminated through the centuries. Our specially enumerated American Constitutional right of responsible gun ownership protects us more than the heterosexual rednecks who are usually associated with this issue. Please Mike, just because we are L/G/B/T's doesn't mean that we shouldn't be all about gun rights, concealed-carry permits, personal responsibility and the individual over the collective. Just because you seem to want to be assimilated as some global, shared, Borg-like existence...many of us do not. We will not be subjugated by controlling agents from the collectivist left (as you apparently are), or by the constraints of the religious far right. You are not just committing a logical fallacy, you are putting yourself and your listeners in the "easy to victimize" column. Your choice, but an unfortunate one.

***
I thought you would get a kick out of knowing that I take you to bed with me each night. My Sirius radio is a Stiletto2, and I record your show each day. I usually don't have a chance to listen until bedtime, so I take you with me. I think your show is terrific. I am most appreciative of the way you try to examine both sides of an issue, particularly during the long and trying Democrat primary season. I also appreciate the times you let your sense of outrage show, because sometimes that's the only sane reaction to have. I also like that fact that you've made your blog more active.

***
Just love the show. Really liked how you hammered that female author for "You'll just have to read the book".

***
Mike I really enjoy your show. So often there are many compelling topics and guests. Your no nonsense style is refreshing and certainly offers a perspective that makes you think and rethink a *lot*! My only niggling complaint is the "lead-in" to your show after news breaks etc. They are bit dramatic and tiresome after you've heard them a few times. I'd rather listen to more subject matter and get on with the show!

***
Love the show! Michael is timely, hard-hitting, and unwavering in his commitment to justice and equality. Keep it coming Michael! Oh, and by the way, unlike some listeners, I happen to LOVE the intro! It's hysterical. Never change it! :-)

***
I really enjoy the show. I've recently been through a divorce (she cheated on me) and decided that I was not going to limit my potential romantic interest. Your show has been helpful in filling me in on the large amount of difficulties that gay people face.

***
I am a huge fan of the show and have been since getting my Sirius radio four years ago. Lately, however, I have noticed something that really bothers me to the point where I sometimes am forced to turn off the show---I can hear someone (probably the producer, and sometimes VERY loudly) talking in the background while Michelangelo is talking or a caller or live guest is speaking. PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE do something to better isolate the main studio in order to stop this annoyance. Other than that, keep up the great work.

***
Hi Michelangelo, My name is Tim. I've had my Sirius radio now for 4 1/2 yrs and love it. I spend more time in the office now so I really miss being able to listen to you all like I used to. You show has been very informative and has given me the verbal ammo I've needed at times. I live in a small town called Atmore, Alabama so as you can imagine, I am surrounded by republican rednecks. My husband is a republican and I'm working on that. I had him talked in to supporting Hillary but getting him to support Obama is going to be a bit of a challenge. I love a challenge.

***
I work out of my home and therefore get the opportunity to hear your show everyday. Overall you have an amazing program. My only complaint would be the listeners who call in to blast you on your interviewing technique. I think your interview style is fantastic! You are always fair to your guests and only give them hell when they ASK for it. Thanks for hitting hard, Michelangelo. If it weren't for intelligent, agrumentative gays like you, there would be no rights for any of us.