Saturday, September 06, 2008

The Santorum Interview


Am back from the RNC in St. Paul, so glad to be out of that environment. That was pretty intense -- four days of Republican attacks on patriotism and furthering distortions and lies. Not to mention the interviews I did, doing battle with theocrats and wingnuts.

I promised I'd post some of the interviews. This is my interview with former PA Senator Rick "man on dog sex" Santorum, which we played on the show on Thursday and which I blogged about from the convention. We talked about Palin's beliefs, her daughter, teen sex, homosexuality, marriage, and sexual abuse. This guy pushed the henious lie that gays are more likely to abuse their own children than are heterosexuals, though no studies back this up. He just made stuff up -- literally -- about studies that do not exist, and then when you ask him to for the studies, he doesn't have them. If this is the best they can do, we have won. He just out and out lied. But I realize that they get away with it because most of the press is so ignorant they don't know or care that these guys are lying. Listen in.