Saturday, November 08, 2008

My (Weepy) Pep Talk

As promised, over the next few days I'll be posting video and audio from last week's discussions on the show about the historic election of Barack Obama, as well as our grappling with the terrible outcome of the ballot measures, most notably Prop 8 in California.

This first one is a short monologue I gave in the first hour of Wednesday's show, as I talked about putting everything into context, celebrating the big win of Obama -- and getting over our national nightmare -- while absorbing the pain, and getting angry, regarding the losses we incurred. Too many people, I think, just weren't putting all of it in the right perspective.

It's not an either/or situation. But it definitely has been an emotional roller coaster, and at the end of this clip I get a bit teary. Actually, I was weepy all week last week! I bet a lot of you were.