Saturday, June 20, 2009

Saturday Back Talk

These are some of the listener survey comments I read on the show this week. If you're a listener to the show, and you have not taken the survey, please do so by scrolling down on the right. Thanks!

Buffalo, NY (Sirius)
Signorile show is the most advanced talk show I have heard. It has been my favorite for three years.intelligent gay issue discussion without the smut. what more can anyone ask for.. great job mike and great topics.

Narragansett, RI (XM)

The show is above average, yes, it’s okay. There is little in the way of deep analysis on this show, as the Dems have long sold out the liberal ideas it once had. Don't be so surprised my friend. I listen only because there are few of these types of shows which discuss GLBT issues at all. You have also become a real self-promoter lately and you let your callers know who is boss. Showing callers who is boss can be both good and bad. It is your own fault that you and others put Obama on a pedestal during the campaign as well. Shame on you and other fake liberals and fake progressives who thought Obama was a true liberal/progressive.

Apple Valley, CA (XM)
I think you are missing the point on the gun rights amendment being added to the Matthew Sheppard act. I really believe that the republicans are sending out "feelers" to the gay community. With Cheney talking gay marriage the other day, now with this gun bill I think that the right wing is seriously contemplating shucking the religious right.

El Paso, IL (XM)
Thank you so much for this wonderful radio show. You shed light on topics that are important to the GLBT community that the mainstream media doesn't touch. Keep it up!

Miami, FL (XM)
I know it is a serious show, however a little more light-hearted stories once in a while would also be good.

Los Angeles, CA (Sirius)
Love your show. No more vacations, Live weekend show at least twice a month. Advocating for minority voices on OutQ.

Red Lion, PA (Sirius)
Please stop talking about prisoner abuse at Gitmo! I'm tired of it.

Albany, NY (XM)
Mike, I am 58 and just starting to come out of the closet. My wife passed away two years ago and I knew all the time I was living a lie but I did not have the guts to change things. I will continue to listen to your show for what i consider to be the most objective views of the current issues affecting our community and the world.I appreciate your continuing efforts to make this world a better place.

Boyerton, PA (Sirius)

Did we elect McCain and Palin? Will we be placated by the few crumbs Obama throws us, or by milquetoast platitudes and empty promises that nay be issued, or are we going to take this to the streets? You've said many times, Mike, that we're an easy date, don't you think it's time to stop being such a pushover? Never let up. Never stop holding their feet to the flames. Our lives are not bargaining chips or political capital to be spent.

Miami, FL (Sirius)
Mike, sometimes you just talk too much. You go on and on and on and on, repeating yourself interminably.

Lumberton, TX (XM)

I love the program and feel lucky to have someone so passionate about the issues that i can hear from almost everyday. I live in a suburban/small town which is devoid of almost any open gays. Since i am a young adult (18 yo) I think it would also improve the show to devote a little time to issues that affect the younger audience. thank you!

Fort Lauderdale, FL, (Sirius)
I wish Michaelangelo would be a little more open minded. You can tell in the first 30 seconds of his interviews if he is going to agree with his guests or be hostile to them. Just let them talk, if you give the people you don't like enough rope they will eventually hang themselves. Let them speak, no matter how ignorant you may think they are. We'll be the judge.

Los Angeles, CA (Sirius)

Michelangelo, I’ve been a Sirus listener for about 3 years now. I’ve learned a lot listening, you may say I’ve one of your converts, but maybe not. Now here’s something you did last week that really pissed me off.You brought up the Senate hearing on the Uniting American Families Act. Your comment was that it wasn’t as important as the other issues.You trivializing the issue is a slap in the face to those of us who have been working for years to get this bill passed.

Columbia, SC (XM)
M- love the show. Just be aware, that not all gay people are Left-wingers. So when it comes to issues other that equality many of us disagree with you. FYI. Oh, and David G is doing great.

San Diego, CA (Sirius)
Mike, I really enjoy your show. The only problem I have is I am usually riled up by the time I get home, so my partner blames you. Thank you for your work, your courage and leadership. We need strong, vibrant voices as we work our way to equality. When the battle is won, you will be able to take great pride in what you have done.

Denver, CO (XM)
I like most of what you discuss on your show. Sometimes maybe just a bit too liberal. What I would like to see is more more transgender NOT transsexual information. I understand that a small minority of crossdressers are gay, but because many of us are not gay, we tend to be treated as the "redheaded step children" of the GLBT community. Being as how it is 40 years post Stonewall and (I get slammed by the gay community for saying this) "queens" were central to the uprising, I would like to see CD's accepted more by both sides but especially the gay community.

Ackerman, MS (Sirius)
Mike: I enjoy your show. I am in the closet, and I know that is something you do not approve of. However, given the atmosphere around me, and the fact a coworker was basically fired for being gay, I have made the decision to stay closeted to stay employed and safe. I hope one day to be able to move to an area that is less aggressive towards homosexuals and one day to come out. Until then, I will be a faithful listener.