Saturday, October 03, 2009

Saturday Back Talk

These are some listener survey comments I read on the show this week. If you're a listener to the show and have not taken the survey, please do so by scrolling down and clicking through on right. Thanks!


Kansas City, MO (XM)
The thing I hate the most from ANY radio talk show host, even if I agree with why they do it, is when the host hangs up on the caller. I think it's disrespectful and just a show of control. I much prefer if the host says something to the guest in regards to letting them know they are hanging up. Sorry, it's just a pet peeve of mine.

Mequon, WI (Sirius)
During Bush Jr I thought you were just like Rush Limbaugh. You both forgave things in your friends and you would crucify your opponents. I still think you are blind to the fact that there are whackos on the left just like on the right. Having said that, you are now keeping our President accountable...great job...and praising him when he deserves it. You took on the whack job supporting the left wing world dictators today. I think you're doing a great job.

Ronan, MT (Sirius)
I am an independent who enjoys political talk radio. I feel Mr. Signorile is of the same caliber as Rush, Hannity, Mike Savage, and other talk show hosts. He is my go-to show when I am tired of right-wing talk radio. Keep up the great work.

Jefferson City, MO (XM)
I think you are right to expose people like Steve Anderson. People like him help our cause by showing the movable middle that it does not make logical sense to deny gay people their rights. I would find more Steve Andersons and let them discuss their views. I believe that will help solidify the need for LGBT-friendly laws. Listening to them get backed into a corner trying to explain would be entertaining to me. I have to admit, I am going to start watching Glenn Beck to see what he is saying, you have me curious. I do monitor Fox News to see what they say (must know our enemy.)

Pittsburgh, PA (Sirius)
The show is great. I think it's annoying that people don't understand your resets. Resets are for the listeners just tuning in so they can feel just as involved in the subject. I do however agree with them about your pregnant pauses, I too have to check my radio sometimes, but I've become accustomed to it and I prefer them over you saying "aa" or "um" which makes people sound less like they know what they're talking about. You should read more from twitter/facebook though because sometimes I'm at work and cant call in.

Marlon, MA (Sirius)
Michelangelo's media critiques and analyses are superb. I also appreciate his ability to engage the opposition in a (usually) good-natured, constructive manner. His feisty but positive attitude sets a courageous example for all of us. Thank you so much.

Salt Lake City, UT (Sirius)
Michelangelo, my partner and I have been following you for many, many years and we sincerely appreciate all that you've done for the gay community. I find your show immensely entertaining (informative, frustrating, hilarious, etc) and I actually look forward to my drive home so I can tune in to see what you've got going. You're the reason we keep our Sirius subscription current.

Apple Valley, CA (XM)
Hi Michelangelo. I just wanted to write you a comment about Carrie Prejean. You devoted a section yesterday on her speech at the Value Voters Summit. I became increasingly agitated. How dare this young woman portray herself as the face of discrimination! During the 2006 midterm election cycle, my partner of twenty years was sacrificed at the alter on behalf of The South Carolina Marriage Amendment. His twenty five year tenure at a private educational institution was terminated. Ms Prejean giving a teary voice about how she was passed over for her Christian views is appalling. We were forced to liquidate our entire 401K, sell our house, my lover was jobless for a year, his reputation was tarnished.....all for the sake of Ms Prejean's (and her like) views on "Same" marriage. Your segment, I thought, was too humorous. You laughed at her, but it brought back all those old feelings of hurt that such ignorant people such as her caused us. These people should be taken a bit more seriously.

Detroit, MI (XM)
I get a lot of my info from you. You show both sides of the issue. Love your interviews. I wasn't really into politics too much until I started listening to your show. BTW you are cute too :-)

Houston TX, (Sirius)
Please stop using the word succinct.I would doubt that half of your audience even knows the definition. Its just not right. It is a crummy word and it drives me crazy.

Grand Rapids, MI, (Sirius)
Mike's commentary and interviews are interesting, blended with objectivity. On occasion he tends to lean to one side or the other but never fails to give explanation, and reason for his views. I appreciate Mike's objectivity, and admire his skill in exposing and taking to task those people who try to spread their hateful agendas. Sirius is the place I go for up-to-date information on the news and events that have an effect on my life.

Matthews, VA (Sirius)
Michelangelo, I love your show. There have been so many instances when I was far far ahead of anyone else I know, when it comes to news headlines. That includes mainstream media. I always know about major breaking news in advance...sometimes by WEEKS. I have to thank you for that. Even though I read alternative news online, I usually hear it first from you. You do a tremendous job keeping us up to date on all sorts of news, not just LGBT issues. Keep up the good work. Plus, you're really cute. I love that new profile pic. If I weren't married and you weren't gay...well...you can only imagine.

Amherst, MA (Sirius)
I'm a mom of 3 and work full-time, not much time to keep up to date on current events. I'm lucky that my job keeps me in and out the car for most of the week as I can get my news and politics now on Sirius. I'm new to Sirius - it came as a trial with my new car but I'll keep it thanks to shows like this one! I feel like Michelangelo reports on and gives commentary to topics that relate directly to my life, topics that concern me. They may not always be LGBT topics but they are issues that I'm concerned about from an angle that I can relate to politically.

Atlanta, GA (XM)
I really enjoy your show, especially the news and current event aspects of it. I thought I was a flaming liberal, that was until I listened to you, which is not bad, but maybe you could tone it down a little? You have quickly became my favorite show on SXM and I hope to continue to listen to you for many more years to come.