Saturday, October 31, 2009

Saturday Back Talk

These are some of the listener survey comments I read on the show this week. If you're a listener to the show please take the survey, if you haven't already done so, by scrolling down and clicking through on the right. Thanks!


Oklahoma City, OK (XM)

I just want you to know i have just recently started to listen to the show and I love it. You bring to light the issues that are affecting our nation.

Mount Pleasant, MI (Sirius)
Sometimes you are so out there and think that everything is either black or white (all or nothing) that you forget that most of the world is grey and not everything has an easy answer or a simple solution. I do appreciate your efforts and staunch opinions and we as a Gay population need people like you but please remember that not all of us see the world as you do with such strong convictions. I think that there is room for everybody and our different opinions make the USA great.

Fort Lauderdale, FL (Sirius)
I really enjoy the show and the analysis of the news. I'm a high school debate coach, and I enjoy your logical approach to analyzing the issues.

Indianapolis, IN (Sirius)
I wish Michelangelo would stop letting Barney Frank slide in his interviews. I'm sorry, but he's not hard enough on Barney. Make Barney answer the questions like he does the Right Wing-nut guests. Also Can we have more of the caller debates put on the youtube channel? I love being able to hear Michelangelo put some of these callers in their place when they call in with BS they got from fox news.

Fairfax, VA (Sirius)
While I appreciate the fact that listeners are given the opportunity to call into the show, sometimes I feel like the conversation tends to repeat itself when the call in portion of the show goes on for more than a few minutes. In a perfect world, I’d like the length of interviews with guests to be extended so that the conversation can get into a more detailed discussion of the issue at hand. Then the callers would actually have more material to respond to and it would potentially take away from some of the repetition that can sometimes be frustrating.

Nashville, TN (XM)

I love OutQ. and I love your show. Michelangelo. Although I live in a metropolitan area I've often felt disconnected from the gay community and OutQ has really bridged a gap for me I feel. I listen every day that I'm at work and really have no major complaints. I feel that you bring a great variety of topics to the show every day and are a very engaging host. If I had to nitpick I wish that you would read more from comments on facebook or twitter as some of us cannot call while the show is on but could leave comments via facebook.

Farmington Valley, CT (XM)
Unfortunately, after trying to talk live yesterday I was rudely rejected. I'm becoming convinced that the show is a love fest for those of the same opinion rather than sparking an intellectual debate/understanding the other side. Doubt me? Then have someone from the hospitals dial in and talk about Medicare reimbursements BELOW cost, have physicians CALL IN and talk about how they will abandon Medicare if the 21% rate cuts go into effect. Bottom line, Mr Reid's "heroic" move is nothing short of a government take over of healthcare masked as a pseudo public option.To continue the bashing of the insurance industry without more facts is media sensationalism. I expect more from Mr. Signorile who clearly is smart and articulate. Open up the phone lines for DISSENTING opinions!!

Greenwood Lake, NY (XM)
Hello from a straight ally. Although I disagree with your 99% of your left wing politics. I am with you 90% of the time on gay issues. Keep up the good work.