Saturday, November 21, 2009

Saturday Back Talk

Here are some of the listener survey comments I read on the show this week. If you're a listener and haven't taken the survey, please do so by scrolling down and clicking through on the right. Thanks!


St. Louis, MO (Sirius)
By and large I agree with your views. I enjoy the fact that even on serious issues, you are able to make a few jokes without lessening the impact of the topic. I do sometimes feel that as a heterosexual listener I am in a group excluded when talking about ways to bring about change and fight for equality for all. I am sure, however, that homosexuals, and especially transgender people have felt this way much more often.

El Dorado, KS (XM)
You have made me see things differently, in a more liberal light, and stirred up my activist emotions and made me realize that equality is my number one issue. I used to be more Republican-thinking, because I believe in lower taxes and and strong foreign policy. You have changed my opinions though, by making me see just how much the right wing is against me, by being against my equality. When I see things in the news, I can't wait to turn on your show and hear what you will have to say about it. I also LOVE when and how you go up against IDIOT guests. You are a great defender/instigator for our equal rights.

Pittsburgh, PA (XM)
I hear things on your show before I hear them anywhere else, if at all. It is so hard to be informed today, in this age of news as a product. On TV, CNN, MSNBC, CBS, NBC, ABC all run the same 4-5 news stories, and that's all we get to learn about. With your show, and a few others on TV, like Rachel Maddow and Keith, I get to hear about other issues than the 4 or 5 issues some mega-corporation wants to ram down my throat.

Prospect, KY (Sirius)
Michelangelo, I have been listening to your show since you use to have somewhat of a co-host. I use to have a problem with your infamous "pause" or "silence" - often I thought an asteroid hit the satellite. We do not always agree, which is good. I did have a fault with your show - but it seems you have corrected the problem, the opening of your show. I use to HATE it, it was ridiculous for even someone from Kentucky. I am very thankful that you changed the intro. I do hope you are able to take a break now and then.

Marlinton, WV (Sirius)
Without Sirius OutQ radio, we would be lost out here in the hinterlands. You inform, entertain and validate us!

Miami, FL (Sirius)

You do a great job focusing on the needs of the LGBT community. So much happening in our lives now, we need a powerful voice on the radio discussing our issues and you do it very well. You make your listeners think about the hot topics and focus on all the issues at hand.

Arlington, VA (XM)
Great coverage of the National Equality March!

Fremont, CA (Sirius)
I enjoy the show and the viewpoints that Michelangelo has. This show allows different points of view to happen, although I do not agree with everything that is said by both Michelangelo or the callers and guests. Also, unlike others I notice no weird ways that Michelangelo pronounces words.

Pittsburgh, PA (XM)
I only stumbled onto your show after XM picked up OutQ. Of course I also have known who you are and was aware of your contributions to gay culture -- and quite frankly I disapproved of your past actions. That was then. Now I have been transformed into an emerging activist and am informed greatly by your show and where it leads me. I appreciate your guests and listeners greatly, but am more appreciative of how you guide and steer the dialogue. Informed, fair, intelligent, and forward thinking. Thanks for helping me reach my potential as a proud gay middle aged man!