Saturday, April 10, 2010

Saturday Back Talk

These are some of the listener survey comments I read on the show this week. If you're a listener to the show and haven't take the survey please do so by scrolling down and clicking through on the right. Thanks!


How Do You Spell P-O-M-P-O-U-S?
As someone who is highly educated (graduating from Cornell in May and moving on to Wharton for grad school), conservative, gay man, I find this show to be outrageous. You groan and moan about the injustices that occur in the LGBT community as if you were a crazed conspiracy theorist, always looking for some sort of hidden agenda, when none exists. You belittle guests and callers with differing opinions with your whiney and annoying voice that I cannot stand to listen to form more than an hour at a time. You are too concerned with complaining about Fox News, Sarah Palin, and health care to say anything meaningful by the end of the show. You also claim that Fox News isn't a real new source because they are so biased; in that case, neither are you. You are simply someone who has nothing better to do than to complain for four hours a day about nothing! Get a grip on reality, stop belittling your callers, and say something meaningful every once in a while. Unfortunately for you, not all of your listeners are mindless idiots who agree with you! Also, you can't insult me by calling me an idiot as I am very intelligent, and I have been, and will continue to be, educated in some of America's more liberal learning institutions, the Ivys. For me, you are simply just a filler until Derek and Romaine come on.
Ithaca, NY (Sirius)

Wow, With the Greats!
Your show is truly groundbreaking, ahead of most everybody else, and fits in beautifully on Sirius Left on Saturdays! You truly are up there with the greats of liberal talk like Randi Rhodes, Neil Rogers (sadly retired :( ), Thom Hartmann, Mike Malloy, Stephanie Miller, Rachel Maddow, Lynn Samuels, Nicole Sandler, Angie Corio, Shannyn Moore and of course Lizz Windstead!!! Never stop! Keep up the outstanding work, although I know I don't have to tell you that! You along with the above listed make living in the biggest redneck dump of America SANE!
Fort Drum, FL (XM)

Um, Not Very
Easter Sunday, the Pope prays for everyone but the sex abused victims of the church, which, before the year's out, we will hear more of. How christian is that?
Pinedale, WY (sirius)

Not At All
Do you hate when callers refer to you as Mike or Michael?
Indianapolis, IN (XM)

Taking No Crap
It is obvious that Michelangelo Signorile is a journalist as well as an activist. In addition, he knows how to do a radio talk show -- pacing, timing and host-presence. He also takes no crap from his interview subjects.
College Park, MD ( XM)

Most is Better Than None
Michaelangelo - I agree with you most of the time. I like your debating with critics.
Phoenix, AZ (XM)

Quality -- Why, Thanks!
I enjoy listening to Michelangelo's views. I don't always agree with him, but I admire his passion and his willingness to hold to his truth. I just wish other shows were up to the same quality as Michelangelo's. I really appreciate what you do with your show, and I am a loyal and appreciative listener.
Atlanta, GA (XM)