Some More Listener Survey Results
These are a few of the responses on the listener survey where people can add their own thoughts in their own words. As you can see, everyone's got an opinion and they can be all over the place. The last one in particular scares me. Michael Medved!?
BTW, if you want to take the listener survey just go here.
--
I have never been particularly interested in politics throughout my life. However, after listening to your show, I find the topics you discuss regarding politics of more interest to my particular lifestyle. You seem to go out of your way to be understanding of everyone's views even when callers disagree with you.
--
It seems as if you are always pro-Democrat and anti-Religion. Although I don't mind that you have a left wing bias I rather the extreme bias be on Gay Issues and therefore you could be more lenient on Gay Republicans and Gay Religious people as long as they are supporting the gay community. I don't always find that the left is pro-gay but you never seem to cover those issue. If Secretary Rice is an Lesbian why don't you support ways to make it easier for her to come out of the closet instead of complaining about how she is trying to stay in shape by extercising.
--
Please do not change anything about the show. I like the banter in the background, the (semi) long intros, and the lively debate you encourage everyday. Keep up the great work you are doing for the community!!!
--
I really enjoy the monologue, phone debates, general "vibe" of the show. Not a big fan of the "teasers", but that is a personal preference. Somehow i think it takes away from the image of being professional and credible to a novice listener...but again, this is an opinion. I find you to be a very credible and reliable sounding board for political discussions which helps me direct and re-direct my thoughts and opinions to see the broader scope of various topics.
--
Although I enjoy the nature of your show, I think you have a tendency to come across as haughty and condescending. I would much more appreciate a free discussion rather than what seems to be you pushing your own agenda.
--
I really love your perspective on current events. Yours is consistently one of the most intelligent and, yes, balanced discussions on the radio. I wouldn't know what to do without your show and OutQ!
--
Only one complaint.... Probably no one under 35 understands "Don't drink the Koolaid" You might as well say "groovy" all the time.
--
I really dislike your new 'back from news' intros you have introduced. They make your show sound cheap and hokey. 'truth tweezers' 'cutting like a hot knife' and ‘cozy blanket’, are not terms I would associate with a commentator who wants to be taken seriously. I really dislike when the people off microphone think they need to be heard laughing at various remarks. It's very annoying.
--
Love the new intros. Let the guys in the background laugh -- it shows we are all human. I wish I could hear more since I usually only get the last hour.
--
The book giveaways are torture. We get it. You call, answer the question, get a book. We don’t need a detailed explanation of the game before AND after the break AGAIN. And sometimes when you are on the phone with the caller you explain the game again. And often after the book has been given away, you explain how the game works AGAIN. It takes about 15min to give away a book, sometimes you don’t have time to give away the book because explaining the game took too much time.
--
I like the interviews with the crazy conservatives, like Deborah from Atlanta, Debbie Shushel, Janet Folger, etc. I like it when Mike gets them on the air and makes them look foolish and nuts. There's no need to be polite to these people - let 'em have it! Love the SFX too - especially Barbara Bush and Larry Craig.
--
I love to hear your show, I wish it was on its own channel where I could hear it all the time and would have renuns, can they renun your show late at night, it would be great, I want to hear all of your show but have to go to work and miss the last 3 hours of it.
--
Here's what I like best about the show: The guest interviews are great. They're always very informative. They're not over the top left wing garbage. Even if the guest is a left wing loon, they always discuss their positions in a very intelligible manner. Keep that part of the show going. What I don't like: Mike, you bash religion way too much. As you know, you have many listeners who are somewhat religious. It does no good to constantly bad mouth religion. You are doing exactly what they are doing by speaking negatively of us. Don't be so left wing.
--
I do not enjoy the show and so only listen when I'm driving short distances. I respect the host as intelligent and well-informed but I can not respect his debate style which are much like Rush Limbaugh- the method used to disprove guests with which he disagrees is sometimes abrasive and exaggerative.
--
Please --- Pronounce Rush Limbaugh's name the right way -- it drives me NUTS ... Sure, we all think he is nuts.
--
I used to think Michael Medved was the smartest man on the radio. Now I think Michaelangelo is. Thanks for the great show.
Thursday, December 13, 2007
Subscribe to:
Comment Feed (RSS)


|