Sunday, July 13, 2008

Live Show Vacation

We're taking a week off from the show (though I'll be blogging throughout, lightly), getting rested up for the conventions and travels later this summer, embarking on our Unofficial Larry Craig Tour (I'll tell you more on that later). But we will be playing encores shows all next week, including some interviews and caller discussions that many listeners requested. We'll post those each day. (We're also going to Netroots Nation next weekend, and will talk all about it when we're back on the air).

What did I do on my first day of vacation? Went and stood in line for an IPhone, of course! It really was on a whim. My partner David and I had talked about getting ourselves a couple of the new 3Gs (we just had plain old cell phones), but it wasn't until I got up at 5 :30 a.m. on Saturday after some restless sleep, and said to myself, "I'm going to go to Apple Store," that it became reality.

I went down there to the 14th Street location in Manhattan at about 6:30 a.m. and I was number 20 in line. Not bad, and really the whole thing was a cultural experience of sorts for me because I rarely do things like that. I had some great conversations with interesting people. We'd have been out of there by 10 a.m. (they open at 9, and the line had swelled to a couple of hundred by then), but then we hit a major snafu when my partner had forgotten to unblock his credit scores with the credit protection agency, and well, this made the whole thing go on for a much, much longer while. But, all done, and I'm having fun with my new toy.

So that was why there was no posting at all yesterday! But also, I usually post listener survey responses on Saturday that I read on the show during the week, and I realized I hadn't read any survey responses this week. So, we'll do it all when we come back. In the meantime, I'll posting throughout the week from the beach and wherever else.