Saturday, August 02, 2008

Listener Survey Comments

As on most Saturdays, I'm posting the listener survey comments I read on the show during the week (edited for space). Please realize we take all the criticism as food for thought, and often incorporate some observations into how we proceed -- and of course, we love compliments as well!

If you are a listener to the show please take the survey. Click through the link in the right-hand column here. It's multiple choice for the most part and takes only a few minutes. At the end you can write in your own thoughts, and those are what I may read on the air.

-M.S.

-------------

Sometimes it bothers me that the screeners get to decide what topic is current enough in the discussion to make a comment about. There isn't always enough time given to certain topics. I'm also deeply concerned that Mike never really told the audience whom he supported in the primary, although my guess would be Sen. Clinton. I'm afraid that Sen. Obama might be the Emperor without any clothes. That would be an unmitigated disaster.

***
Hi Mike. I've been listening to your show for several years. At first I really disliked your show but something about it made me keep listening. Over time I have come to really like the show. Actually it is more of a love-hate thing. In addition to being entertaining your show is informative and insightful. YOur show has given me lots of 'ammunition' to use against some of my coworkers and right-leaning conservative family members. But I do have some criticisms. The way you treat some of the people you interveiw really annoys me (that woman you interviewed that wrote that 'feminizing of men and boys' book, for example). Sometimes I'll just change the channel or shut off the radio rather than listen. Also I find that many times you brush off callers that don't support the point you are trying to make. But despite these criticisms I DO love your show and I hope you keep reminding us not to drink the kool-aid for a long time to come.

***
Michelangelo is my favorite talk show host/journalist. I really enjoy the intelligent, objective way he approaches topics. I also enjoy the sound effects that the producer David plays. He does a great job at playing the right clip at the right moment. It is very entertaining! Keep up the good work

***
I am new to Sirius Radio, finding a station to the GLBT population was something I thought would be interesting, and all I can say is thank god for this show.

***
I like that I get a different aspect of the news and stories that are talked about on the Michelangelo Signorile Show. It is a lot more "balls to the wall" than say a cable news or network news program would be. Even if I disagree sometimes I still feel informed. The information that is given is straight forward but not pushy and I feel that is the reason i listen to the show more than say CNN Headline New on my Sirius radio.

***
I have called your show a few times -- and would like to be engaged in deeper conversations with you. You sometimes cut folks off. And, sometimes you cut folks off that have something insightful to say and you let the drones go on and on. And, you are very intelligent.

***
I LOVE the sound bits and bytes and think they add good humour and fun surprises to the show. I like that you balance a combination of serious topics with others that are lighter and leave room for fun. Your show often feels like a chat with friends. Bravo.

***
It's a great show. Sometimes it's condescending and patronizing in its attempt at propaganda, but otherwise a good source of information. There are topics that are not heard anywhere else.

***
Generally enjoy the program and your analysis. It drives me crazy to hear your producers and others in the background, however. Their laughter and comments are distracting. If you want them to be part of the show, why not provide them with a hot mic? Otherwise, they really need to be quiet.

***
I love your show and your passion. There have been times though when you and a guest have argued to the point that it became annoying and I had to tune you out. I've noticed several times when guests really piss you off, you will rant, sometimes for the entire show, replaying their comments that set you off. Sometimes I would just like to say, "please let it go Michelangelo - you're letting them bring you down to their level." That's my only criticism.

***
I really enjoy your show. Your intelligence comes through in all you do on your show. Sometimes you do go on and on and on about a particular outrage. Perhaps I no longer have the patience or ability to become so upset by the direction this country is taking. Keep up the good work.

***
Love the show and the fact that you are covering and discussing news that the mainstream media does not cover. Especially enjoy your interviews with various book authors.

***
Sometimes when you ask for people's opinions you have already come to your own conclusions and don't seem open to other people's POV. In many cases, such as when your stock of "hypocrits, liars and gas-bags" call in this is understandable. But other times you have people from your own team (progressive liberals) calling in who just have a slightly different angle from yours. You cut them off with "Yeah, but don't you think [I'm actually right]." This has lead me to stop calling into the show because I feel if I don't agree with you 100% you'll just shut me down in favor of repeating your own self-decided party line. Secondly, you have a terrible habit of repeating yourself two and three times over while introducing a spot or setting up a discussion segment. I understand you want to emphasize things but I think you could move to the point more quickly without losing anyone's understanding. You can always try using the SIRIUS teleprompter display on the radios to clue people into current topics.

***
I absolutely love the show. If it weren't for you and the Out Q news I don't know how else I would ever know what is going on in our community. Keep up the amazing work.

***
Generally speaking i really enjoy the show. i find the timeliness of the issues discussed to be good. and on a not so serious note, i like listening to your voice. i know that sounds silly, but i do find it to be very sexy.

***
I love your show, but my goodness your promos are too long. And, please give up referencing the 'right-wing' and the whole 'conversion' thing.