Monday, September 29, 2008

Yet Another Suicidal Hillary Supporter

Yes, we've dealt with many of these people before, but tedious as it is we can't ignore them and must challenge them. This is a video clip of the call from Karen in Arizona from last week on the show, which many of you will remember. She called in to say that I don't let people -- specifically disgruntled and angry Hillary Clinton supporters -- have their say and vent their opinions. I reminded her that the primaries are over, and we now have a choice between only two candidates, and then I let her rant on anyway. The moment I finally jumped in, she accused me of cutting her off.

The clip begins at that point. As you can see, she is angry. I'm not sure what these people hope to accomplish beyond a childish tantrum. Some listeners and commenters here also seem to think I should be nicer to these people, but I think they really want me to legitimize their positions, and I'm not going to do that. They keep claiming they're either going to vote for McCain or write in Hillary's name. I'm sorry, but that's not a sane alternative, and I'm not going to coddle these people when they need to have sense shaken into them. And if that's not going to work for them then others who might be thinking of doing what they're doing need to hear these people challenged so that maybe they won't be as idiotic.