Saturday, October 11, 2008

Listener Survey Comments

Here are some of the listener survey comments I read on the show this week. As usual I post them on Saturday morning, edited down a little bit. If you are a listener to the show and you have not done so, please take the survey, to the right of the page.



Michelangelo, I've been a listener of OUTQ and your program for 15 months. I'm not the type of person who calls into programs or participates in listener surveys; however, after reading through some of the survey comments you posted today, most supportive but sadly a few not, I felt compelled to participate by giving you my enthusiastic, positive response. I extend my thanks to you for being an advocate and a positive role model for the GLBT community, and I also congratulate you, Mr. Guggenheim and Mr. McQuaid on an excellent program. I enjoy the show very much and find it enlightening, entertaining, thought-provoking and most certainly inspiring. I'm probably not the first person to tell you that I was one of the many, many loyal Hillary Clinton supporters who was greatly demotivated and disengaged by her absence from the Democratic ticket. I too was intending to not vote for Senator Obama in the general election and swore that nothing would change my mind. You did. It was your coverage of the RNC and your subsequent expose of Sarah Palin that turned me around to again support the democratic ticket. Hearing Sally Kern again and Sam Brownback and Mrs Palin herself reminded me why these people must not be allowed to remain in power. Thank you. Lastly (I hope this isn't too long), I want to comment on the comments you occasionally receive from the listeners about "speech style". I find you exceptionally well-spoken and you impress me as highly intelligent and professional. I'd like to see some of those listeners get in front of a microphone and and talk un-rehearsed for four hours without a pause or "umm"!!! I commend you.

***
I love the show. I enjoy the soundbites, but I feel they are a little over used once in a while.

***
You are the BEST commentator out there today! Yes, I'm a straight woman but I love your show. The comprehensive and intellectual monologues, interviews, and debates with "enthusiastic" listeners keep me coming back. The first show I heard was when the "Sodom and Gamay" woman called in. I fell in love that day!!

***
I love all the interviews you guys do; Michelangelo is an excellent interviewer. But my favorite is just the news analysis. The shows have been absolutely excellent during this campaign season and the coverage of the National Conventions was awesome.

***
I love the show, but I don't particularly like some of the intros. I know you touched on this the other day and I didn't call in, shame on me. However, I do tend to think some of them are a little overdone, and could been made into multiple intros, instead of just one LONG intro.

***
I will never drink the coolaid again. You have opened my eyes and I have seen the Democratic light...Thank you for saving me from these monsters. Love you all!

***
Michael, your show is awesome. I wish I could record and listen to it when I can't listen. Keep up the good work on conversion therapy. Love the show a lot

***
Intros are very long... I generally mute the radio (even if I listen through the commercials) when I hear the long intro coming on because it gets so annoying

***
I love your show. I’ve had Sirius radio for two years now and OutQ 109 is the station I listen to the most, by far.

***
Thank you for the passion you bring to your show. I especially enjoy the interviews of newsmakers and authors. Your coverage at the conventions was informative and available nowhere else on GLBT issues. More interviews, please! And, thank you. (Because my Mother always taught me to say both "please" and "thank you"!)

***
Listening to your show has sparked interest in election. Just registered to vote for the first time as a 49 yr old woman.

***
Can you make many more of the topics that you cover available on your blog. I would love it if you could have all the STUPID things McCain and Palin say in clips available on your blog. I have been sharing your blog with STRAIGHT co-workers and they are just shocked by some of the Sarah Palin stuff. Final note: I have had Sirius radio for a year now. I at first listened sometimes to your show. I now try to listen all the time. You are doing an excellent job covering this election.

***
Thank you for providing thought provoking and informative radio. I have a very long commute through the Philadelphia suburbs to get back home to South Jersey and you make the drive so much better.

***
First of all, Mike, you are a total DILF. Yum! I listen to you every day and can't wait to hear your biting comentary on the daily frustrations that our community faces from this theocratic right wing that has hijacked our country. I am addicted to your sound clips and find myself shouting them out just before your sound guy hits the button! Larry Craig's "I am not gay" will NEVER get old! Can I ask you an honest question? Once Sarah Palin is a bad memory in November, will you miss dicking on her? She is any liberal talk show host's wet dream, don't you think? Lord make a way! Peace out

***
I love that fact that the show has awakened my passion for politics. I dont miss the show. I think the points you raise for the GLBT community are important. You call a spade a spade , uncensored and full of fire. I think you are fair and do not suffer fools lightly. thank you for everything you have covered or enlightened myself and the world to.

***
Love listening to the show. I love that you challenge people to back up their opinions and statements with facts. I love that you are "hard" on people that talk out of their asses.