Saturday, October 18, 2008

Listener Survey Comments

Meant to post these this morning: The listener survey comments I read on the air this week. If you are a listener to the show and have not taken the survey, I'd appreciate it if you would. The link is on the right of the page. Thanks!

--------

I love the show! I enjoy hearing you discuss the issues - in monologue and with callers. Guests are always interesting too. I am grateful for your keeping us up to date on things - for example, most recently on the prop8 issue, that they need $ to get those ads on the air! Marriage equality is something that is near and dear to my heart. When I think back more than 30 years to when my husband and I got married, and think, -- what if it had been illegal for us to become each other's closest family, and people hated us for even wanting to do so? -- and I just want to cry.

***
It is extremely annoying that the show is so biased towards the Democratic party. A good politician lets their thoughts be their own and doesn't let their party define who they are. And please, remember that you fight for freedom of speech, and you should allow guests the same right. Stop interrupting those you disagree with. Everyone is entitled to their own opinion no matter what others think, even you. And as far as the candidates go, I think that no matter who wins, the rest of us will be the losers.

***
Michelangelo is a asset to not only the gay community but anyone interested in listening to what is going on in the world today.

***
I wrote last spring, saddened Hillary supporter who as I said would come around to voting for Obama. I am a woman who could never vote for Sarah Palin!

***
hi mike it me tim s. from n.e. pa SEE YOU ONLY SHOW ONE SIDE OF THE STORY CAN NOT TURTH OBAMA WITH THIS COUNTRY,,"I'm a Bitter Gun Owner and I Vote ,, TRUCK BILLS OBAMA IS ANTI GUN AND TRUCKER,,,ONLY THING OBAMA IS FOR MY GAY RIGHT ,SO I HAVE TO VOTE FOR McCAIN 2 OUT OF 3 FOR MY MAIN 3 POINT I HAVE OABMA ONLY BACK 1 OUT OF 3 ,,SO I NEED TO VOTE FOR McAIN ,,OBAMA SAY HE IS RUN FOR PRES FOR 2YR OUT OF 3YR IN OFFICE ,,WHO IS OBAMAIS THE BIG THING HE NEED TO SAY?????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

***
Love the show, love the little sound clips ("I am not gay!"... that will NEVER get old), love to hear the producer laughing in the background.

***
Host is a hottie! And brilliant. But since Clinton "lost" the primary your show has evolved into a daily 4 hour session of eating Obama's ass. Since Mr. Obama will win NY easily there's no reason for me not to vote for Nader.

***
Since i have been listening to you, i feel more informed about glbt issues, many of which are not covered by the networks. thanks for your great insight, i wish there were more michaelangelo's in this world. i'm thankful that you portray our diverse community is such a bright light.

***
Now you want my thoughts, well okay, back in the 80's I really didn't like you I thought you were a blow hard. But as we are about the same age (44 here) and now that I've started listening to you on the radio I have a love hate thing going with you. I'll agree with you on many things and I love the way you say the word 'HUGE' I get a laugh every time. I do think you talk way too much, yeah I know it's a talk show, but you repeat yourself after each break…Some of the callers you cut off way to quick they start to say something and you jump right in and then thank them for the call. But hey it's your show but still lets give the callers a chance sometimes you might get a good chat going. Instead you give callers like Cedric way too much time, first off all I'm not sure what his game is because I've heard him call a few shows I listen too and he's always outside the box. I'm a little tired of him blaming us who like being out and ourselves for all the bad things that happen to the GLBT peoples.

***
I love all the interviews you guys do; Michelangelo is an excellent interviewer. But my favorite is just the news analysis. The shows have been absolutely excellent during this campaign season and the coverage of the National Conventions was awesome.

***
Your sentences are repetitive and it takes too long for you to make your point. With that said, thank you for your work and advancing the cause of gender equality.

***
Cedric needs to "come out" or shut up already. I get the importance of the coming out process but to defend the closet because you're selfish and enjoy the whole "naughty" factor of being on the down low shouldn't be promoted with his endless calls about so called privacy. Other than that everything else is great just as it is.

***
Really enjoy listening to you in the afternoons. I am terrified that Sarah Palin will end up in the White House. I think she is both a moron and a less-than-ideal mother. How much time do you think she's spending with those kids these days? I have one child, a daughter who is 6. I left a six-figure legal job on Wall Street to stay home with her. Keep up the good work and keep her out of the White House.

***
I really enjoy the political discussions and interpretations that you present. Your show is a bright spot in my day that I look forward to. THANKS!

***
I really wish you wouldn't give Jay so much air time, it seems that you favour him above everyone else and you seem to eat up everything he has to say. I don't like the excessive use of the sound bites abd the excessively long introductions fir each show.

***
I think Michael show is the best on radio anywhere.

***
I like the way that you give interviewees a chance to state their opinions in a "fair and balanced" manner :-)

***
I just started listening a little over a month ago and I have learned so much. After following Pam's House Blend, Joe My God, and Towleroad I figured I'd better start listening to the show to get the latest. Keep up the great work!