Saturday, April 11, 2009

Saturday Talk Back

Some of the listener survey comments I read on the show this week, edited for space. If you're a regular listener to the show, and haven't taken the survey, please do so by scrolling down and clicking on the right. Thanks!


Dallas, Texas (Sirius)
I absolutely LOVE listening to the show every day on my lunch break. I listen in the car, and it is always SO hard to go back into the office when a hot topic is the news of the day. Some days I get fired up about the issue at hand, other days I feel like my exact thoughts are being publicly expressed. The Michelangelo Signorile Show keeps me informed, up to date, open minded, and constantly reminded of the importance of my voice in the GLBT struggle for equal rights. Thanks for a great lunch hour!

Lancaster, PA (Sirius)
I think that your show is very insightfull. I don't like that I get the feeling that you are anti-religion. I am homosexual, but I love my wife. I do not ever think of myself in a relationship with another man. With men it is mostly physical. I get so much out of my relationship with my wife. However, we do not have sex. So my choices are to be celibate or have an extra marrital affair. Can you give me advice?

Edmonton, AB, Canada (Sirius)
You are the first show I have listened to on this channel. It is great to sit and listen to you and your opinions during the day. Keep up the great job and I look forward to listening to you and your guests!

San Diego, CA (Sirius)
Michelangelo, you are one of the few trusted news sources I have left these days. I appreciate the way you enlighten your listeners every day with new insights and headlines that big news agencies ignore. I can't imagine how frustrating it must be to even talk to lunatics like sally kern (ugh...) every week, but I'm so happy you do because more people should be aware of their disgusting behavior. Keep up the great work!

Palymyra, VA (Sirius)

You should know not all gay people are raging left wing liberals. Some of us are independent thinkers and embrace more centrist or conservative philosophies. I am proud of being a gay man. Please do not assume that all of us think as you do. For you, everything is "black or white".

Binghamton, NY (XM)

I don't think this survey is too personal! But, it does ask questions I wasn't expecting to see. Only criticism... Use more nouns and verbs!!!! You talk in phrases and it's a little distracting sometimes... ok A LOT. :) GREAT SHOW keep talking (complete sentences or not) and I'll keep listening

Laurel MD (Sirius)
I've been listening since the beginning, and agree with Mike on most issues. The show makes my hour commute, go quickly. The changes over the years have all seemed to be for the better. I recently started following you on twitter and facebook as well.

Trustin, CA (Sirius)

I really appreciate and enjoy the show! I'm a young heterosexual female with little experience with the broad views of the gay community. I appreciate the forum that you've presented to all listeners. Since getting sirius I've found my favorite station to be OutQ, and really enjoy the topics and discussion.

Houston, TX (Sirius)
I like your show because it talks about timely subjects that I find interesting. Also, you often make it more thought provoking. In addition, you treat your callers with respect, even if they may not agree with you and most of us listeners.

Columbus, OH (Sirius)
I like the show - sometimes I disagree with your opinions, but overall I enjoy listening to the show - the callers are probably my favorite part of the show - but the feedback letters are funny too. Can't wait for the Sirius iPhone app - so I can listen during the day - my SL10 just doesn't get good enough reception outside my car to be able to listen during the day.

Hickory, NC (Sirius)
Being from a small town with even smaller minds, I love your show for it's open dialogue on many issues. I care about the LGBT community and wish that middle/small town America would open their minds. Thanks for the words of wisdom and keeping the faith in humanity for all alive!!! I love all that you do and you've made me become more of an activist in my own small part of this world. ‘

Lynbrook, NY (XM)
Love the show--intelligent, topical, great call-ins, and you don't resort to cheap shots.

Chicago, IL (Sirius)
I love your show. I like to change your name and call you Michaelangelicus. I listen to your show everyday. It has made me more informed sometimes too much. I crack up when you laugh on the show as it takes some of the seriousness out of the show and makes me think that your not constantly reading up on new material or always have your nose in a book. Keep up the good work!