Saturday, October 17, 2009

Saturday Back Talk

These are some of the listener survey comments I read on the show this week. If you're a listener and haven't take the survey, please do so by scrolling down and clicking through on the right. Thanks!



Copell TX (Sirius)
I appreciate the fact that you don't hang up on callers and you make every effort to understand the callers and guests point of view!

Oakland, CA (Sirius)
Want less of:
1. repetition of the current topic - M.S. repeats himself way too much
2. the obnoxious introductory music/sound bit crap as well as the end of the hour stuff
More of:
1. Caller input -- M.S. will say that he wants to have callers, but then spends the next 20 minutes repeating himself and asking the same questions over and over and over and over.
2. interviews - really like to hear what those other than M.S. have to say about any given issue
3. less judgemental commentary/attack of interviewees and callers
4. more current events from around the country/world by LGBT groups

Sierra Vista, CA (Sirius)
I AM A STRAIGHT FEMALE LAWYER. I ALSO TEACH PRE-LAW CLASSES AT THE LOCAL UNIVERSITY, INCLUDING A COURSE IN GENDER LAW. MY BROTHER IS GAY, I HAVE HAD MANY GAY FRIENDS IN MY LIFE. YOUR SHOW IS A GREAT ACADEMIC RESOURCE FOR ME. ALL THAT ASIDE, YOU DO A GREAT JOB, YOU ARE DEAD-ON TOPIC, AND YOU HAVE OBVIOUS PASSION FOR WHAT YOU DO. WHAT NOT TO LOVE?

San Diego, CA (Sirius)
Mike is unrealistic in his views that all gays should come out at work. I have lost many jobs due to higher ups who hated me because I am gay so I know it is not a good policy to expose your sexual identity in a work environment. Mike is adorable and would be fun to date if he didn't have a partner.

Elk Grove, CA (Sirius)

Keep up the good work Michelangelo and staff. I am at work while you are on the air, but listen to the show en route to the gym and back during lunch. The show is enlightening and stimulating.

Portsmouth, NH (Sirius)

I truly enjoy the show and listen as often as possible. One recommendation for those guests that may be suspect to negativity or hostility, I would simply let them speak and get it all out on the table - THEN give your rebuttal (as only you can). Sometimes your passion tends to get the best of you and you wind up speaking over the guest. This makes it difficult to hear the entire conversation. Other than that, you're doing a fabulous job and our community is very fortunate to have you as a fierce advocate for equality on all fronts.

Oakland, MD (XM)
I love it all - great interviews, very informative, and a viewpoint I can relate to! It makes my hour-long drive from work to home much more tolerable.

Pensacola, FL (Sirius)
Mike, please let your guests and callers talk. You have an annoying habit of cutting them off and sometimes not letting them complete their sentence or idea. I turn you off when you do that too much.

Sicklerville,NJ (XM)

Michelangelo I really enjoy your show. it is refreshing to have someone as educated and knowledgeable as yourself present the issues, from all sides and really hit them hard. I listen whenever I am on the road

Kingston, TN (Sirius)

I Love the sound bites, especially for Barbara Bush and clips of the Reverend Muthey. Also, "God Says No" is now part of my everyday conversation. Why not have a laugh or two while discussing serious subjects? Your show is very informative and gives me a sense of community every day. Thanks!

Edson, AB Canada (Sirius)
Enjoy your show. Before having Sirius I never really thought about the news on TV. I accepted it blindly because are they not impartial? They are journalists and they are telling us all what is new! I had drank the kool aid! But now I know better and I no longer blindly believe and trust the media to tell the truth. Thank you so much for opening my eyes and my mind to different points of view.

San Jose, CA (Sirius)

Love your show, cant think of anything you don't already do the show is wonderful and very informative you need more of the Steven Anderson getting tazed on it though its the best sound bite you have play it often!!!

Mentor-on-the-Lake, OH

I enjoyed meeting you at Heliox [for the meet-up] in Washington D.C., and appreciate your support of the March on Washington. I find it interesting who was there and who wasn't. People you think should have been there weren't. Was it gay political infighting? Actions speak louder than words, organizations might say they support it, but don't "show" support.

Merrimack, NH (XM)
I came across OUT Q Radio when XM and Sirius merged, with Michelangelo Signorile being the first show I listened to. While I don't agree with everything presented, this show is intelligent and I enjoy the "discomfort" I sometimes experience when listening. I have always considered myself a straight ally of the LGBT community, a social moderate bordering on liberal, and a national security conservative. I'm sure I'm not the only straight, moderate Republican who enjoys having their socially progressive side stimulated by listening to this thought provoking show.

Sun prairie, WI (XM)
After hearing Jeff today, I wished that I had gone to the protest in Washington. I'm 45 and it was only this year that I finally accepted that I'm gay, so I understand something about he feels. I do want to thank you and OutQ for being there, it has helped be to accept that being gay. Also, I think that Rep. Barney Frank is wrong about this protest and is miffed that people aren't taking his view.