Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Day Two and My Voice is Shot!














My voice started going last night after four hours on the show and then down on the floor of the convention interviewing lots of people on tape and having to yell above the crowd. But really, I think it's from the altitude here in Denver. I started feeling nasal pressure and then my lungs filling up, started coughing, and, well, it just got worse. Was better today earlier but as the show went on it got bad. Every time we'd come back from break my voice would just crack, and then in the middle of speaking with Congressman Jerry Nadler (pictured here), I just started coughing and lost my voice. So embarrassing.

Needless to say, this is the last thing a radio host needs. And I have to go down on the floor and do more interviews tonight. I may have our producer David do the interviews since I'll risk not having any voice for tomorrow. Will check in with more observations of the convention tonight.