Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Heading Back In

Today we are not going to leave the Pepsi Center after we enter at 9 a.m. That was our mistake yesterday. We left after the show to go get something to eat and just get some air and when we came back at 6 p.m. it was a mad crush outside, a mob scene. It took us half an hour to get in, as security is tight. Now, with the news of an alleged plot -- and I say alleged -- against Obama, I'm sure the security is going to be far tighter. This "plot," by the way, seems like some half-baked thing that three meth addicts were thinking about, if they even had any plan to assassinate Obama. Authorities are just saying that they got three men who had firearms and a lot of meth. That doesn't sound to me like any sophisticated plan to kill a presidential candidate, and the media is now pulling back after the usual blowing up of the story.

As you can see over the past several days, we are doing the blog differently throughout our travels. Usually we are posting throughout the day and through the show on various issues and topics that we'll be talking about on the show. But for this two weeks, since we're focused on our travels and in particular the conventions, I'll just be posting when I can about what's happening. I'll try to post as often as possible before the show, but as I'd told you it's all nonstop here. Today, rather than leave the hall and face the madness (and waste of time) I'll stay on radio row and check in on the blog after the show. So hit me up. And let me know what you're thinking of the convention, either here or in the post below about the first night. I'd like to take your thoughts to the show today. Of course, we're live from the DNC, same time as usual (2-6 EST).